In this issue we have many new and exciting community updates, engaging programs, and a new contest where you can win a $250 gift card! Check out others' submissions.
Before we get into it, I would like to introduce everyone to our new Developer Advocate to the StreamSets team and our community, Brenna. She will be creating engaging content around the StreamSets product line though blog posts, tutorials, sample code, and present at meetups!
Now let’s get into it, Data Rock Stars!
- Hot new Ebook: Data Engineers' Handbook for Snowflake
- Win $250 by participating in the “Share Your Pipelines” contest!
- New Slack Channel - #community-newsletter-share-your-findings
- Over 400 knowledge base articles, previously not seen by our external community, have been added to the community platform
- DataOps Summit CFP opens 2/22. Stay tuned!
Industry News/Helpful Reads:
- Stories about Data Engineering on Medium
- The vast majority of data engineers are burnt out. Those working in healthcare are no exception
- How to Treat Your Data Like a Product
- Swayam's Micro-blogging: Auto detection of date format - swayam
- Podcast: A Reflection On Learning A Lot More Than 97 Things Every Data Engineer Should Know - Episode 260
- Event: 3rd Annual Technology Matters Marathon hosted by Great Data Minds
Community Question Highlights
- Lookup from list of values - from ashok verma
- Contest Entry: Embrace Data Drift or get left behind! - Dash
Community Help Needed
- SdcIpcTarget: Batch could not be written out: Server Error - DavidC
- Refreshing pipeline launch using SDK - ashok
- Let’s help our fellow community members. Just head over to the “Help others” tab within the community thread homepage to help answer questions.
StreamSets Community Corner
DataOps Summit 2022 CFP
Join us for this year's DataOps Summit as a breakout speaker. Showcase your projects for Data Engineering, DataOps, and Data Architecture and join other data engineers in learning modern best practices for data integration. We will update the community when to submit your talk. Hope to see you in San Francisco!
We have our FIRST submissions!
Share Your Pipeline for a chance to win a $250 Amazon Gift Card!
2 Community members will earn a $250 Amazon Gift card by submitting the most interesting Pipeline. It’s easy; add your pipeline screenshot and a 1-2 sentence descriptor. Details and examples here.
Remember that Feedback we asked you for? Here are the updates!
Join this session to learn common design patterns for:
- Landing data in S3 for raw data collection
- Comparing native ELT to ETL operations
- Persisting data in the Snowflake Data Cloud
- Data quality measurement with StreamSets Transformer for Snowflake
Sources And Destinations Podcast: Binge listen all you want.
Listen to all eight episodes. Guests range from Banjo Obayomi discussing using machine learning to identify low latency DDOS attacks and generating data to feed the models, to Lorna Mitchell chatting with our hosts about her technical writings and her many books on PHP, Git Fundamentals for Web Developers, and DZone Refcard on Redis.