Solved

conversion error

• 3 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Pipeline is from AWS MySql transaction log to Google BigQuery.

Error is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert byte[] field '[B@5178e7eb' to Integer

I can’t seem to find any way to understand what is causing the error.

Can you please help?

icon

Best answer by matfior 3 September 2021, 17:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @matfior,

Can you please post the entire stack trace?

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert byte[] field '[B@5178e7eb' to Integer
at com.streamsets.pipeline.api.impl.IntegerTypeSupport.convert(IntegerTypeSupport.java:48)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.api.impl.IntegerTypeSupport.convert(IntegerTypeSupport.java:20)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.api.Field$Type.convert(Field.java:113)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.api.Field$Type.access$100(Field.java:83)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.api.Field.create(Field.java:434)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.api.Field.create(Field.java:418)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.origin.mysql.schema.MysqlType$15.toField(MysqlType.java:118)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.origin.mysql.RecordConverter.toMap(RecordConverter.java:206)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.origin.mysql.RecordConverter.toRecords(RecordConverter.java:113)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.origin.mysql.RecordConverter.toRecords(RecordConverter.java:74)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.origin.mysql.MysqlSource.produce(MysqlSource.java:241)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.StageRuntime.lambda$execute$2(StageRuntime.java:296)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.api.impl.CreateByRef.call(CreateByRef.java:40)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.StageRuntime.execute(StageRuntime.java:244)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.StageRuntime.execute(StageRuntime.java:311)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.StagePipe.process(StagePipe.java:221)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.runner.common.ProductionPipelineRunner.processPipe(ProductionPipelineRunner.java:855)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.runner.common.ProductionPipelineRunner.runPollSource(ProductionPipelineRunner.java:585)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.runner.common.ProductionPipelineRunner.run(ProductionPipelineRunner.java:391)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.Pipeline.run(Pipeline.java:520)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.runner.common.ProductionPipeline.run(ProductionPipeline.java:112)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.runner.common.ProductionPipelineRunnable.run(ProductionPipelineRunnable.java:75)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.runner.standalone.StandaloneRunner.start(StandaloneRunner.java:726)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.runner.common.AsyncRunner.lambda$start$3(AsyncRunner.java:151)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.executor.SafeScheduledExecutorService$SafeCallable.lambda$call$0(SafeScheduledExecutorService.java:226)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.security.GroupsInScope.execute(GroupsInScope.java:34)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.executor.SafeScheduledExecutorService$SafeCallable.call(SafeScheduledExecutorService.java:222)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.executor.SafeScheduledExecutorService$SafeCallable.lambda$call$0(SafeScheduledExecutorService.java:226)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.security.GroupsInScope.execute(GroupsInScope.java:34)
at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.executor.SafeScheduledExecutorService$SafeCallable.call(SafeScheduledExecutorService.java:222)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at com.streamsets.datacollector.metrics.MetricSafeScheduledExecutorService$MetricsTask.run(MetricSafeScheduledExecutorService.java:100)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I managed to restart the pipeline by using the command `Reset Origin & Start`, however I would like to understand why this happened in the first place.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Ah so the pipeline is running just fine after resetting the origin and restarting the pipeline? If that’s the case, I am not 100% sure what may have caused the mismatch in the datatype. Do you recall any prior  pipeline runs or preview(ing) of data that had caused the pipeline to stop abruptly? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @matfior Welcome to our new Community platform! I want to double check that you saw @Dash’s latest message.

Hi @matfior Welcome to our new Community platform! I want to double check that you saw @Dash’s latest message.

Sure I saw it! Thanks a lot!