Question

EXCEL_PARSER_02 Error while reading from SFTP

• 23 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I am getting EXcel parser 2 error while reading file from SFTP. It should parse the file and read records instead it is read ing whole file.

Initially it ran fine without any issue. Seems an empty excel file came and was not able to parse.

org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: Your InputStream was neither an OLE2 stream, nor an OOXML stream	at org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookFactory.create(WorkbookFactory.java:186)	at org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookFactory.create(WorkbookFactory.java:149)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.parser.excel.WorkbookParserFactory.open(WorkbookParserFactory.java:70)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.parser.excel.WorkbookParserFactory.createParser(WorkbookParserFactory.java:58)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.parser.excel.WorkbookParserFactory.getParser(WorkbookParserFactory.java:53)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.parser.WrapperDataParserFactory.getParser(WrapperDataParserFactory.java:66)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.origin.remote.RemoteDownloadSource.produce(RemoteDownloadSource.java:303)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.api.base.configurablestage.DSource.produce(DSource.java:38)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.StageRuntime.lambda$execute$2(StageRuntime.java:296)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.StageRuntime.execute(StageRuntime.java:244)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.StageRuntime.execute(StageRuntime.java:311)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.StagePipe.process(StagePipe.java:221)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.preview.PreviewPipelineRunner.runPollSource(PreviewPipelineRunner.java:337)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.preview.PreviewPipelineRunner.run(PreviewPipelineRunner.java:232)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.Pipeline.run(Pipeline.java:545)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.runner.preview.PreviewPipeline.run(PreviewPipeline.java:51)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.preview.sync.SyncPreviewer.start(SyncPreviewer.java:238)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.execution.preview.async.AsyncPreviewer.lambda$start$1(AsyncPreviewer.java:105)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.executor.SafeScheduledExecutorService$SafeCallable.lambda$call$0(SafeScheduledExecutorService.java:226)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.security.GroupsInScope.execute(GroupsInScope.java:34)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.executor.SafeScheduledExecutorService$SafeCallable.call(SafeScheduledExecutorService.java:222)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.executor.SafeScheduledExecutorService$SafeCallable.lambda$call$0(SafeScheduledExecutorService.java:226)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.security.GroupsInScope.execute(GroupsInScope.java:34)	at com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.executor.SafeScheduledExecutorService$SafeCallable.call(SafeScheduledExecutorService.java:222)	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)	at com.streamsets.datacollector.metrics.MetricSafeScheduledExecutorService$MetricsTask.run(MetricSafeScheduledExecutorService.java:100)	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Shaikkarimulla 

Hi

I tried to read date from excel using sftp server and its working fine.

Kindly verify below config details and let me know if it helps.

Please provide me the sample test file on which you are getting ,so i can check on it and come back to you with the suggestion.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1