Solved

How to download and install data collector on a machine

• 29 September 2021
  • 8 replies

I want to run data collector on machine. Have gone through some git readme.md and some blogs too, they are asking to download the tarball, but I am not able to find the url to download the tarball. Can someone help with this, or with some other way to download the tarball? 

icon

Best answer by Dash 29 September 2021, 17:51

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mayankdhiamn27!

Please signup for the newly launched StreamSets DataOps Platform SaaS -- https://cloud.login.streamsets.com/signup. It’s a better, more comprehensive user experience and it doesn’t require you to manually download the data engines.

Hi @Dash ,
Thanks for the quick response!
What if I want this streamsets to run on k8s, might be through docker? Do I need an enterprise account for that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mayankdhiamn27 !

The official support for Kubernetes is coming soon on StreamSets DataOps Platform SaaS. Please stay tuned.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

To answer your other question, to deploy SDCs on Kubernetes on (existing) 3.x installations of SCH, please refer to https://docs.streamsets.com/portal/#controlhub/latest/help/controlhub/UserGuide/GettingStarted/CommunicationAgentCloud.html#concept_n5c_mxj_mbb

thanks @Dash !!

@Dash If I am not having the enterprise account, and I need to run SDC on k8s, then there is only one way to go with, i.e, control agent, right?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Yes, but managing SDCs on k8s manually/on our own will be tricky and painful. Currently SCH 3.x can take that pain away and manage it all of for you… but access to SCH 3.x requires enterprise subscription.

Hello,

I am new to the community and I am new to learning about Streamset. I was given a task that I can’t seem to get through. 

I was told to go through the installation steps for the common tarball version and build Data Collector pipelines based on the Basic and Extended Tutorial.

I need assistance installing SDC and  building pipelines on my IOS operating system.