Question

JDBC connection error with Streamsets DC Core Hour deployed from Azure Marketplace

• 16 May 2023
  • 0 replies

Hi there,

I just deployed a Streamsets Data Collector Core Hour 1.0 from Azure Marketplace for testing purpose, to stream MySQL binlog to storage.

The MySQL binlog origin is throwing error : No appropriate protocol (protocol is disabled or cipher suites are inappropriate) .

I have tried all the available options to troubleshoot this issue but it is still failing on the connection.

MySQL server: v 8.0 Azure Database for MySQL Flexible Server

MySQL driver : mysql-connector-j-8.0.33.jar

JDBC connection String : jdbc:mysql://hostname.mysql.database.azure.com:3306?useSsl=true&enabledTLSProtocols=TLSv1.2

I also tried to add tlsCiphersuites with one of the supported cipher suites that is available in this list https://docs.streamsets.com/portal/platform-datacollector/latest/datacollector/UserGuide/Pipeline_Configuration/SSL-TLS.html#concept_cwx_dyf_5z and the MySQL configuration parameter, but it does not work.

Just to add that the mysql client command line can connect to the server from the Streamsets VM without any issue, so the networking is good.

Can I have some help please ? Thanks in advance!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!