Solved

jdbc query used toTable data emptying

• 4 January 2022
  • 3 replies

When the JDBC query component in executors is used to empty table data, it will not stop after starting the task. Note: pipeline finisher has been used on the java script component

SQL QUERY:delete from depart_passenger_info

icon

Best answer by Rishi 7 January 2022, 07:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lr123 , The general best practice is to use the Pipeline Finisher executor with origins that generate no-more-data events, check the list here. However,  JavaScript origin does not generate this no-more-data event  Which might explain this behaviour. 

Please checkout more details about  Pipeline Finisher executor to understand the workflow.

Hi @lr123 , The general best practice is to use the Pipeline Finisher executor with origins that generate no-more-data events, check the list here. However,  JavaScript origin does not generate this no-more-data event  Which might explain this behaviour. 

Please checkout more details about  Pipeline Finisher executor to understand the workflow.

However, I later restarted the server environment and successfully completed this task by reusing JavaScript components. Surprise!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@lr123 
With Javascript origin event generation logic has to be put into within script.For more information, see Event Generation for the Jython Scripting Origin  .  

For example, in below code I am create new event type `q_test_event` and the adding this event to batch. 

try {
offset++;
record = sdc.createRecord('generated data');
var value = prefix + entityName + ':' + offset.toString();
record.value = value;
cur_batch.add(record);
newEventRecord = sdc.createEvent('q_test_event', 1)
newEventRecord.value = sdc.createMap(false)
newEventRecord.value = record.value
cur_batch.addEvent(newEventRecord)

And then in Pipeline Finisher Executor Pre-condition I added the below logic, so that as soon as this event received by Pipeline Finisher Executor , it will stop the pipeline. 

${record:eventType() == 'q_test_event'}