Question

Lab - JDBC Pipeline

Hi

When i run my pileine I m still getting errors, please see below the screenshot. Can you pls let me know what i m doing wrong?

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Melanie,

As the error states, the records are failing to be inserted into the destination database are because of a duplicate primary key. For testing, you can replace the destination JDBC Producer with Local FS configured with JSON Output Format to see what the records actually look like at the destination.

You could set the error destination to be to a file and check those records to see if the data is correct.

Also, you can use Preview mode to look at some of the incoming records and see if the data in the input file is being correctly parsed.

The fact that there are several records failing with the value 8244 leads me to think there is a problem with the incoming data.

Thanks,

bob

Hi Bob

I am following the lab exercise step by step. The Local FS was on the previous exercise and this one was working well.

When i do a preview i can see the data is being transformed as expected. Do i need to delete the content of the reviews table or something like that ? If so how to do it? this step is not mentioned in the labs

Please note that i updated the JDBC block configuration so on record error I set to Discard and now it works fine. I missed this step in the exercise