Solved

Parameterize a JDBC connection in a JDBC consumer and producer

• 22 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, is there a way to define a connection (created in Control Hub => Set Up => Connections) by parameter in the JDBC consumer and producer stages? It seems the select box does not allow a text field entry where could reference a connection via a parameter? I am aware that I could use the alternative way of defining the connection via connection URL parameters etc but then I have to also expose user name and password etc so it would be much nicer if the connection would take a parameter.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by saleempothiwala 22 August 2022, 09:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

hi @pedromanuel 

the best way to define a connection is to use runtime value for connect string and credential store for username and password. Depending upon where you run your pipeline, relevant values will be used.

more about it: Runtime values and Credential Stores

hi @pedromanuel 

the best way to define a connection is to use runtime value for connect string and credential store for username and password. Depending upon where you run your pipeline, relevant values will be used.

more about it: Runtime values and Credential Stores

Hi @saleempothiwala , thank you for your answer. Yes, I thought its best to not use pre-configured configurations in our case, instead use runtime values. Thank you!