Solved

pip3 install

• 19 January 2023
  • 9 replies

I am trying to run the following command:

“pip3 install streamsets~=5.0” in my VM to activate the sdk for python without using the activation key as shown in the documentation but unfortunately I am receiving the following error:

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])"))': /simple/streamsets/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])"))': /simple/streamsets/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])"))': /simple/streamsets/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])"))': /simple/streamsets/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])"))': /simple/streamsets/
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/streamsets/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/streamsets/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])"))) - skipping
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement streamsets~=5.0 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for streamsets~=5.0

Same error I am receiving for the “pip3 install streamsets~=3.0” as well.

Please help me regarding this.

icon

Best answer by dima 19 January 2023, 14:30

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@saikat_chatterjee what is the version of your SCH?

@saleempothiwala what is the meaning of sch?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@saikat_chatterjee StreamSets Control Hub

@saleempothiwala 4.0

Userlevel 4
Badge

@saikat_chatterjee  

Try

streamsets~=4.0

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you're using the DataOps Platform, just `pip3 install streamsets` is fine. As with most things on PyPI, you only need to specify a specific version if you know you need a specific version. 

It is working right now.

Thank you @saleempothiwala @dima 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@saikat_chatterjee that is good to know :-)

Hi! I’m having the exact same issue but still not able to solve it. I’ve tried “pip3 install streamsets~=3.0”, “pip3 install streamsets” but I still get the message

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement streamsets (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for streamsets

I use Windows 11, and have Python 3.9.6 (I had a higher version but downgraded to 3.9 to see if that would work, but didn’t). My pip3 version is 21.1.3.

Thank you in advance for the help!