Solved

Standard out-of-box origins for SaaS apps

• 12 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi StreamSets,

I would like to know whether there is an initiative to introduce standard origins for various popular SaaS apps like Shopify, Magento, Branch etc? If there is a space where we can vote for these connectors based on which they can be prioritised for development, please do share that information.

icon

Best answer by anthonyg 12 September 2021, 18:48

View original

2 replies

Hello @swayam, thanks so much for the question! I’m a member of the StreamSets Product team and can hopefully help answer this.

We do absolutely plan to start adding these types of origins in the upcoming year. There’s some gotchas we need to work through, but generally we believe we have a path forward here.

I’ll work with our community team to get a poll of some sort set up. In the meantime, if you are feeling adventurous, it’s certainly possible that you could connect to these sources today using our HTTP Client origin. There’s a few things we’ll probably need to do better on that front as well but I do know our customers have had success connecting to SaaS apps via the HTTP Client origin in the past.

Knowing the gaps between the vanilla HTTP Client origin and the requirements for connecting to these kinds of SaaS apps would also help us get a head start on making these kinds of connectors a reality. I’d be happy to work with you on trying that out, and will try give one or two a whirl myself.

Thanks again for the post!

- Anthony

Userlevel 3
Badge

Many thanks @anthonyg for acknowledging my query. Please let me know in what way I can contribute here.

Regards

Swayam