Question

Starting with streamsets

• 16 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’m new to streamsets. I have started by creating an account in Control Hub - StreamSets. In the process, I have created a test environment and a deployment. But I don’t know how to do the step below.

“After creating a self-managed deployment, you set up a machine that meets the engine requirements. The machine can be a local on-premises machine or a cloud computing machine. Then, you manually run the engine installation script to install and launch an engine instance on the machine.”

Can you please suggest how to do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@v.v1 Just paste the install script on your terminal which has docker installed

Thank you for your response. I already have created an environment and deployment as self managed. I don’t know where to run the install script available after the deployment creation. Can I just run it on my windows machine cmd line?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @v.v1 ,

Welcome to the world of StreamSets :-)

You have created an account for StreamSets DataOps Platform. You will have create the below before you can start creating pipelines.

Environment (Self Managed/AWS/Azure/Google ) → Deployment (Execution Engine configurations) → Engines (Data Collector/Transformer)

So you need to set up an Environment depending upon where you want to create your Engines. If you want to use one of your VMs/bare metals to install your engines then you can create a Self Managed environment. If you want to host your Data Collector on AWS, then create an AWS Environment, etc.

Here you can find some help you get started.

https://docs.streamsets.com/portal/platform-controlhub/controlhub/UserGuide/Environments/Overview.html#concept_z4x_nw2_v4b

Deployment: