Unable to connect to My Sql Database

• 22 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi

I am trying my lab to connect to My Sql

I did the following

In Deployment menu, I configured all the JDBC Library

In the engine I downloaded mysql-connector jar and restarted the engine

In the connection I gave the connection string, username and password, however when I test connection I am getting the following error

• JDBC_00 - Cannot connect to specified database: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://mysqldb:3306/zomato

Is there anything I am missing here.?

icon

Best answer by AkshayJadhav 25 November 2022, 06:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mr_manii - Thank you for reaching out to the StreamSets Community. 

The error indicate that you not have the proper driver jar available to connect to the Mysql server. Could you please download the jar version 8.0.30 from https://jar-download.com/artifacts/mysql/mysql-connector-java and upload the jar by navigating to Setup» Deployment » Click on Deployment » Engine » External Resources » External Libraries » Click on Upload button.

This will require the restart of the data collector, once you restart you will see the jar as shown in the image:

Please run the pipeline and let us know how it goes.

Thank you - AkshayJ

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @mr_manii - Could you please confirm what is the status of the issue?

Well, while I was trying this my lab environment got crashed. Now trying to resolve the same😥

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sure @mr_manii. Please keep us posted on the issue.

Hi @AkshayJadhav 

I downloaded the mysql-connector-java-8.0.30.jar from given link, added the jar in the external resource link but still getting the same error.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @mr_manii - Thank you for the update.

I’m able to get my pipeline running after uploading the same jar file to data collector and these are the steps that I followed:

1. Installed the JDBC_Library.
  2. Developed the pipeline to connect to Mysql database.
  3. Upload the jar in the external jar section on engine page.
  4. Validation successful.

Here is the screenshot of pipeline preview:

I can see that jar has been uploaded to the engine by navigating to the Engine » select the engine » External Resources » External Libraries.

Could you please confirm if you see the jar file under the external libraries and review the attach pipeline to double check the JDBC configuration?

-AkshayJ 

I think I got the issue now, I am attaching the library in the wrong area, I corrected it and the test connection was successful.

Thanks for the help

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @mr_manii - I’m glad that issue has been resolved. Could you please mark the reply as best answer and close the loop here. 

Thank you - AkshayJ