Solved

Unable to send email when alert is triggered

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I tried to send email from notifications tab after alert is triggered. Also made the following changes in the config file as well as email-password.txt file. Still the mail is not being sent. I don’t know where I am going wrong. Please suggest me the changes needed.  (Here opentrash is fake email we are using to check if we are receiving mail or not.)

config_dc

icon

Best answer by AkshayJadhav 30 December 2022, 09:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @aditya_ghongade  - Thank you for reaching out to the StreamSets community. I’m sharing the email configurations from workstation which is working fine for me.

mail.transport.protocol=smtps
mail.smtp.host=smtp.gmail.com
mail.smtp.port=25
mail.smtp.auth=true
mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true
mail.smtp.ssl.protocols=TLSv1.2
mail.smtp.ssl.trust=smtp.gmail.com

mail.smtps.host=smtp.gmail.com
mail.smtps.port=465
mail.smtps.auth=true
mail.smtps.ssl.protocols=TLSv1.2
mail.smtps.starttls.enable=false
mail.smtps.ssl.trust=smtp.gmail.com

xmail.username=<email>
xmail.password=${file("email-password.txt")}
xmail.from.address=<email>

However, I had to turn on the less secure apps access setting from my gmail account.

Could you please check the data collector is really hitting to the email address from the smtp logs and see if you have any configuration that needs to the enabled for that email address from smtp side?

Thank you - AkshayJ

Hi @AkshayJadhav, thank you for your help.

I tried using above config, but gmail doesn’t allow Less Secure Apps option now. So tried it with fake smtp server and it worked with it. 

Thanks for the help, it solved my issue! 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you @aditya_ghongade.

Feel free to reach out to the StreamSets Community if you face any issues in the future.