Who we are
The StreamSets Community Is a global community of data engineers who set out to learn, share, and expand their DataOps skills.
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together” – African Proverb
The Do’s and Don’ts
- Share helpful docs/resources, tips & tricks, and useful questions
- Network with other StreamSets users
- Help answer questions via the forum
- Challenge and push boundaries
- Be positive, Be kind
- Share personal information
- Attack/Call out others
- Degrade other members based on their knowledge level
- Promote a personal brand or company
Code Of Conduct
The StreamSets Community is dedicated to providing a harassment-free, equitable and inclusive community experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of members in any form. We take this policy seriously and will take direct action to support the integrity of our community. Those who do not abide by these Guidelines/Code of Conduct may be removed from the StreamSets community.
All communications should be appropriate for a professional audience. Sexual and other exclusionary language and imagery are not appropriate. All participants of the StreamSets Community, in all Community programs, including but not limited to in-person and virtual events, the online forum, knowledge base, Slack workspace, and StreamSets Academy, must abide by the following:
- Be welcoming
- Be friendly & patient
- Be considerate
- Be professional
- Be kind
- Be intentional with the words you choose
- Be helpful
- Be respectful
- Be positive
Please remember we are all professionals and we will maintain our professionalism. Harassment, Sexual and other exclusionary language and imagery are not appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Negative or harmful speech to others; insults, putdowns, cultural slurs, racist or sexist terms
- Harassment of any kind
- Disrespectful speech or unwarranted disagreements
- Offensive, inappropriate, or unwanted comments related to gender, body size, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, or age, or other protected categories under applicable law
- Publishing your own or others personal information
- Threatening others with physical or personally identifying information (“doxing”)
- Intimidation or bullying of any kind
- Unprofessional topics that are outside of a work environment
- Stalking or following
Reporting Harassment or Other Issues
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact Community@StreamSets.com.
We will handle all reports with discretion and urgency. Please include the following information in your message.
- Your contact information
- Participants engaged in harassing behavior
- Name, Contact Info, Company, etc.
- Incident details.
- Date, time, location, witnesses, etc. (Please be as detailed as possible)
- Additional information you would like to share