com.streamsets.pipeline.api.StageException: JKS_CRED_STORE_003 - Credential 'my_creds' not found.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Issue:

After configuring properly SDC to use JKS credential store and adding a credential into it when we try to use the function on the pipeline to retrieve the password we can see the following exception:

com.streamsets.pipeline.api.StageException: JKS_CRED_STORE_003 - Credential 'my_cred' not found

Also, when checking on the path the credential store should be created (usually /etc/sdc) we cannot see the file, but if we try to list the credential store contents through the command line we can see them:

bin/streamsets stagelib-cli jks-credentialstore list -i jks
The Java KeyStore 'jks' has the following credentials
---------------------------------------------------------------
my_cred

Solution:

Usually, this issue is caused by a missing configuration. The script copied at the systemd folder (sdc.service) defines the service and contains some environment variable overrides, including:

Environment=SDC_CONF=/etc/sdc

This ensures that when SDC is run via systemctl start sdc, it uses /etc/sdc/ as the conf dir. 

The problem is then when setting up the keystore file. The bin/streamsets stagelib-cli jks-credentialstore <add|list> commands go through the same scripts to load the environment variables. However, they don't get the injected environment variables from sdc.service because they're not a service. This means that SDC_CONF is set to the default as determined by /opt/streamsets-datacollector/libexec/_sdc, which is:

BASEDIR=`dirname ${PRG}`  # this is the /opt/streamsets-datacollector/libexec/ directory
BASEDIR=`cd ${BASEDIR}/..;pwd`
SDC_DIST=${BASEDIR}
SDC_HOME=${SDC_HOME:=${SDC_DIST}}
SDC_CONF=${SDC_CONF:=${SDC_HOME}/etc}

In order to fix this you would need to execute a similar command as for the one used to configure the SDC_RESOURCES directory:

sed -i 's|#export SDC_CONF=/etc/sdc|export SDC_CONF=/etc/sdc|' /opt/streamsets-datacollector/libexec/sdc-env.sh

It is also recommended to uncomment those other lines with the following commands:

sed -i 's|#export SDC_LOG=/var/log/sdc|export SDC_LOG=/var/log/sdc|' /opt/streamsets-datacollector/libexec/sdc-env.sh
sed -i 's|#export SDC_DATA=/var/lib/sdc|export SDC_DATA=/var/lib/sdc|' /opt/streamsets-datacollector/libexec/sdc-env.sh

0 replies

Be the first to reply!