Solved

Change Runtime Parameter value

• 13 December 2021
  • 6 replies

I have passed a parameter to my pipeline which has a default value when I start the pipeline. I need to change it's value in from one of processors. Is it possible to change the runtime parameter? If yes, can you please provide the steps to do that.

icon

Best answer by Giuseppe Mura 14 December 2021, 11:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jangala.karthik We have an option “Starting Pipelines with Parameters”, which overrides the default values while starting the pipeline. Please refer the attached doc for more details.

If the provided information is not helpful, please elaborate on the use-case?(which processor you are using, etc.,)

@jangala.karthik We have an option “Starting Pipelines with Parameters”, which overrides the default values while starting the pipeline. Please refer the attached doc for more details.

If the provided information is not helpful, please elaborate on the use-case?(which processor you are using, etc.,)

Thank You @Ranjith P . Can we change the pipeline parameter based on certain condition by one of the processors during the execution?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @jangala.karthik , I don’t think you can update the parameter on the fly (i.e., during a pipeline execution).

Can you elaborate what you are trying to do? There might be other workarounds.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@jangala.karthik I think one way of handling this would be to use record header attributes; to all intents and purposes header attributes are variables which you can set and update throughout the pipeline.

You could for example get the value from a parameter in an Expression Evaluator with this Attribute expression:
param1_value = ${PARAM1}

then you can modify the value of the attribute down the pipeline, any way you need;

see the effect of my example here:

Thank You @Giuseppe Mura  :). I am able to use header variables to implement the pipeline as required.

@jangala.karthik I think one way of handling this would be to use record header attributes; to all intents and purposes header attributes are variables which you can set and update throughout the pipeline.

You could for example get the value from a parameter in an Expression Evaluator with this Attribute expression:
param1_value = ${PARAM1}

then you can modify the value of the attribute down the pipeline, any way you need;

see the effect of my example here:

Hello Guiseppe

I have a similar usecase which I am trying to solve. In that I want to query using an API and one of the query parameter of the API is going to be multiple values(around 100+) and I can pass them as an array in the API as that is the limitation. What I want is to Iterate over that list of 100+ values and pass each value as the api query parameter in each iteration. Can’t create 100+ job instance for each value hence need a way to keep looping the API in the same job till those 100 values have been used in the API Query

These values are going to come from another DB but for now we can take it has hardcoded dev data source values.

Any solution?