Solved

I'm converting an Excel file to another format, with different order and column naming. The things I need help with are: (See Thread)

• 10 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
  1. How do I add additional empty columns?

2. Can I use a SMB share as a source?

3. How do I delete or move connections between pipeline elements?

4. Can the output destination be an Excel file?

5. Can I control the permissions of the file created (i.e. read by all)?

icon

Best answer by Drew Kreiger 10 February 2022, 19:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
  1. How do I add additional empty columns?

There are several options on how to do this, some of which depend on the destination that is being written to. An easy approach that can be implemented within a pipeline is to use an Expression Evaluator.

1. Can I use a SMB share as a source?

If the SMB share is mounted onto the file system of the Linux machine where Data Collector is installed. Data Collector can read files from it using a Directory Origin.

1. How do I delete or move connections between pipeline elements?

Our docs on Connections are here.

1. Can the output destination be an Excel file?

Data Collector does not support writing native Excel files but can write CSV or other delimited files that can be directly opened by Excel.

1. Can I control the permissions of the file created (i.e. read by all)?

Typically, file permissions set on files written by Data Collector depends on the umask setting of the user running the Data Collector process. If the umask is 022 files should be world-readable. One can also set custom permissions per file by enabling events on the Local FS Destination and on the "file-close-event" calling a Shell Executor to set the desired permissions.