Question

Load Date column from Oracle to Snowflake Failure

• 28 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi team we built a pipeline to load oracle table to Snowflake using StreamSets, there is one date column, and in oracle the value is always like "2012-04-25 00:00:00.000", we create this column as date in snowflake too, however it failed the load, only after I changed the data type of Snowflake corresponding column as TIMESTAMP_NTZ(9) and then it can be loaded.
So how can I convert this column to Date in StreamSets when loading, which processor I can use and what is the evaluation of this convert? by the way what is the root cause of failure for this direct date to date column loading from oracle to snowflake with StreamSets?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Dolphin, please use Field Type Converter. You can specify the string column that you want to convert to date and also specify the input format.

@Dolphin, please use Field Type Converter. You can specify the string column that you want to convert to date and also specify the input format.

can you please provide expression for the field type covert , e.g my column name is “column_a”, can the field type to define several columns expression together?