Solved

Databricks Delta Layer - DELTA_LAKE_13 Validation Error

• 29 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have created a pipeline in the StreamSets Data Collector which reads data from an Apache Kafka topic and inserts it into a Databricks Delta table.

Table Auto Creation has been disabled. I have created the table on the Databricks instance separately and the columns and data types in the table are correct.

But I am getting the following error while validating the pipeline. What could be the reason for the error?

Caused by: com.streamsets.pipeline.api.StageException: DELTA_LAKE_13 - Table 'gov_src_req_sts_v1' column '' unsupported type '' at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.destination.definitions.JdbcTableDefStore.get(JdbcTableDefStore.java:157) at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.destination.definitions.CacheTableDefStore$1.load(CacheTableDefStore.java:59) at com.streamsets.pipeline.stage.destination.definitions.CacheTableDefStore$1.load(CacheTableDefStore.java:53) at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3542) at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2323) at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2286) at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2201)

icon

Best answer by alex.sanchez 30 December 2021, 08:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Rohan, I think that this is what you are looking for https://docs.streamsets.com/portal/datacollector/3.18.x/help/datacollector/UserGuide/Upgrade/PostUpgrade.html#task_rql_l3y_s3b

Thanks

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

Databricks Runtime version is 9.1.

How do I update the connector? Can you provide any reference / documentation?

Regards,

Rohan

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @rohan_b,

Which Cluster version are you using in Databricks? And which version of the enterprise connector?

My guess (from previous customers and users hitting this) is that you have version 7 or higher and an “old” version of the connector.

Can you please try updating the connector to the latest version available?