Question

HTTP-Server Configuration

• 27 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi Team

I need to make Get-call using HTTP-server

Please help me how to configure?

I need to give URL, Proxy, Header with Authentication and method as GET

Please give me a screen-shot where to configure this or Let me know if this is not possible with HTTP_SERVER

(Not HTTP-Client origin/HTTP-client processor)

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks in Advance!!

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Priyanka Mynepally  it’s not clear why you trying to use the HTTP Server origin to invoke an API. This origin is intended to create an HTTP server that listens for incoming data in either binary or text formats. Are you trying to build a REST-based microservice instead? If yes, or if your use-case allows for it then then you can use the REST service origin 

Then plz help me with same configuration in rest service. 

I need to give URL, Proxy, Header with Authentication and method as GET

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Priyanka Mynepally 

When utilizing an HTTP server or REST service, you don't have the flexibility to configure the URL or headers directly. However, you can utilize the "curl" command to connect to an HTTP URL and include specific header details to retrieve data from it.

I am interested in understanding the reasons behind your preference for using an HTTP server in this scenario, as an HTTP client should be sufficient to meet your requirements. If you could provide more details about your use case, I would be glad to try and assist you further.

Thanks & Regards

Bikram_

Its due to volume of data we are expecting more than 100MB.

So, thought if HTTP-server/rest-api would be useful

Can you plz suggest a solution for this

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Priyanka Mynepally 

May i know if you are getting timeout error while processing data using HTTP client but i am not seeing any problem to get those data using HTTP client as origin.

If you have pagination , you can configure those as well.

try with below config :

If this doesn't help then we can use http as processor and use get data from it . Below the details for your reference.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Priyanka Mynepally 

If this doesn’t help then we can use custom function to get data from it . If this sounds interesting then i can share details with you .