Question

Postgres connection to VM giving SSL issue

• 7 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to establish connection from a virtual machine on which I have Postgres docker image installed.

I can successfully connect to it via PgAdmin but when I try to connect it to streamsets it gives the following error:

JDBC_00 - Cannot connect to specified database: com.streamsets.pipeline.api.StageException: JDBC_00 - Cannot connect to specified database: The server does not support SSL.  

Is there any solution for the same?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

​​​​​​@lex03 - Could you please try adding sslmode=disable to the connection string and let us know if that works ?

@AkshayJadhav - I just tried that but now I’m getting the following error:

JDBC_00 - Cannot connect to specified database: com.streamsets.pipeline.api.StageException: JDBC_00 - Cannot connect to specified database: ERROR: could not access file "wal2json": No such file or directory

Any solutions? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Are you using Postgres cdc client as origin? If yes, you have the follow the documentation: 

https://docs.streamsets.com/portal/platform-datacollector/4.4.x/datacollector/UserGuide/Origins/PostgreSQL.html?hl=wal2json

This doc is for 4.4 data collector.

@AkshayJadhav 

Thank you for your help!!

We made the changes in the postgresql.conf file and installed the wal2json successfully in the Postgre Container and it worked for us with the SSL Mode as disabled.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am glad that it worked. Could you please mark the above comment as Best answer that will close the issue?

Akshay J - Thank you