Solved

Start Jobs origin throws error regarding runtime parameters

• 12 October 2023
  • 8 replies

I am trying to create a job instance from the job template. I have passed the runtime parameters to the start job component but get the following error.

- Start failed for job template ID: START_JOB_14 - Start failed for job template ID: abc: com.streamsets.pipeline.lib.ControlHubApiException: Unexpected exception from Control Hub: START_JOB_05 - Failed to parse runtime parameters for job ID: abc, error: 400:

I have made sure that the parameter name is correct. Please help me with why is it not able to parse the runtime parameters?

icon

Best answer by Bikram 13 October 2023, 22:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Paawan Angra 

can you please try the job parameter as given below and let me know if you are still having the issue.

{
      "<parameter name>": <numeric value>,
      "<parameter name>": "<string value>"
}

@Paawan Angra

can you please try the job parameter as given below and let me know if you are still having the issue.

{
      "<parameter name>": <numeric value>,
      "<parameter name>": "<string value>"
}

Hey @Bikram, please have a look at the screenshot. I've given the job parameters like you stated only...

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Paawan Angra

My bad the the job instance parameter is correctly configured by you . Can you please check if the same being used in you pipeline or not.

please provide the actual pipeline screen where the parameter being in it.

@Bikram Hey, the parameters are correct. I have attached the screenshot. I think the issue may be with an incorrect Job Template ID as shown in the second screenshot. Could you guide me on where to get the job template id from?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Paawan Angra 

job id should be the job template id. I believe you have configured it correctly.

kindly cross verify it.

@Bikram where do I find the job template id? I'm not able to find it...

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Paawan Angra 

Please find below how to get the job template id.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Paawan Angra make sure the parameter names defined in the pipeline are same as the one you are passing from template.