Skip to main content
Question

Help Needed: Issues Connecting Streamsets JMS Producer to Solace

• 11 July 2024
  • 0 replies

I have a Streamsets pipeline where I am using the SQL Server CDC component and the JMS Producer component. My connection to SQL Server is working perfectly, and I am receiving data in my pipeline from SQL Server. However, I am encountering issues when trying to connect to Solace through the JMS connector.

Initially, I received errors when attempting to connect to Solace. I then used the following parameters:

- JMS Initial Context Factory: `com.solacesystems.jndi.SolJNDIInitialContextFactory`
- JNDI Connection Factory: `/jms/cf/default`
- JMS Provider URL: `tcp://pub:admin@172.17.0.4:55555`
- JMS Destination Name: `cdc/demo/sqlserver`
- JMS Destination Type: `Topic`
- Solace JMS VPN: `test`

The pipeline builds successfully, but when I go to the Solace "Try Me" tab and attempt to subscribe to this topic using the client "pub" I do not receive any messages.

Additionally, I noticed something peculiar: when I use a client name that does not exist in Solace, the connection still builds successfully. It seems as though Streamsets might be creating a dummy JMS connection with Solace, merely indicating that the connection is built, but in reality, it is not.

Could anyone please guide me on how to establish a true connection with Solace through JMS so that I can subscribe to my topics in Solace and ensure that the JMS Producer in Streamsets is functioning correctly?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!