Question

MongoDB Atlas Connection seems to have a bug.

• 3 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I was trying to add a MongoDB Atlas connection and on clicking the test connection button, I am getting an error “[unauthorized] not authorized on local to execute command”. I tested the connection string and credentials in Mongo Compass and there it was working fine. So, I could not understand why the test connection is failing. After many tries, I just thought of saving the connection as it is and try it in the pipeline. Magically when used in the pipeline I was able to fetch the data from MongoDB. Then again when I tried the test connection and was getting the same error.

Can anyone help me understand this behavior. 

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Could you please ,provide the connection String Details And also Ensure the connection String Below i Mention in pic 

Hi Lakshmi,

Please take a look at the below screenshot, on clicking the test connection(MongoDB Atlas) I am getting the below error. If I save this as it is then it’s working in the pipeline. I am able to consume data using this connection.

Regards,
Dixit

Userlevel 2

Hi Lakshmi,

Please take a look at the below screenshot, on clicking the test connection(MongoDB Atlas) I am getting the below error. If I save this as it is then it’s working in the pipeline. I am able to consume data using this connection.

Regards,
Dixit

@dixit.singla  could You please Provide a Database name at end Of connection String and then test .
in my case I used Data base name as /test .its working good .
example:
mongodb://Tamilarasu:Tamilarasu@clusterd.ehqgzvm.mongodb.net /test
/test: This is the name of the database to connect to. In this example, it's connecting to a database named "test". If this part is omitted, the connection will be made to the default database.
then Ensure the User privileges and credentials ,Database selection ,cluster configuration.

@lakshmi_narayanan_t  I have tried adding the database name at the end but still getting the same error.

Userlevel 2

@lakshmi_narayanan_t  I have tried adding the database name at the end but still getting the same error.

@dixit.singla lastly check the user roles. By using MongoDB shell execute command use admin ,show users. Then modify if required .